Saturday, November 22, 2008

A Thanksgiving recipe


This Pecan pie recipe is a family favorite I grew up with and it makes me pretty happy my husband loves it too. Enjoy!
Pie crust ingredients:
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup cold butter
3 to 4 tablespoons cold water
Filling Ingredients:
1 cup light corn syrup
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
3 eggs
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 (4 ounce) package (1 cup) pecan halves
Instructions:
Heat oven to 375* F. Combine flour and salt in large brown; cut in butter with fork until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. stir in enough water just until flour is moist. Shape into ball.
Roll out dough on lightly floured surface into 12 inch circle. Fold into quarters. place into 9 inch pie pan; unfold, pressing firmly against bottom and sides. trim crust; Crimp or flute edge. Set aside.
Combine corn syrup, brown sugar, eggs, butter, vanilla and salt in small bowl. beat speed, scraping bowl often, until well mixed. stir in pecans by hand.
pour into crust. Bake for 50 to 55 minutes until center is set. Cool completely.
Serve with whipped cream or ( my favorite) french vanilla ice cream.

2 comments:

Krista and Paul said...

Did you make that pie in the picture? That looks dang good. I think pie-making is my worst skill. My crusts are abismal! Anyway, Happy Thanksgiving!!

Brooke said...

Hey Jacquie! I saw that you were following my blog so I checked yours out. Your girls are so cute! And your family is just like ours--two girls first and then a boy. Glad to hear you guys are doing well!